Monday, August 25, 2008

Celebrity Gossip Mags


It's a sick sick sick nasty habit.  I am not talking about biting toe nails.  I am talking about reading celebrity gossip rags.  But it's so fun!    OH MY GOD, SHE IS FAT!  OH MY GOD, SHE IS TOO SKINNY!  OH MY GOD, HE IS DATING HER?  What the hell is my problem?  Why do I care?  I don't care.  Or do I care?  I don't know anymore but I do know that I do not like Angelina J. Pitt and I am confused as to why Lauren Conrad is famous.   

It's so easy to get lost in these rags.  I have a "system" to reading them.  FIrst I flip thru just looking at pictures and quickly scanning the tag lines.  Then the next time I go thru it, I read the short write ups, nothing that takes me longer than 4 minutes to read.  The the final read is when I read the long stories, those are the ones that take about 6 minutes to read and you get to follow some flowchart thing to see how the story evolved.

The cost on this is about $4- $25 a week, depending on your habit.  I have a subscription to US Weekly (it was a gift) and I enjoy knowing that it will be delivered weekly into my hot little hands.  Didn't you hear?  Enquiring minds want to know!

No comments: