Saturday, June 6, 2009

Watermelon

I can not get enough watermelon in my system this season.  Why must it taste so good.  Thank goodness it is a fruit and not a starch.  

So, I am gonna guess, you all know what a watermelon is and I won't have to go into any detail.  Here is my one gripe about them, they are so heavy.  So buying one is very fun until you come home from the grocer and you need to bring it into the house.  I am one of those people that likes to carry every-single grocery bag in one trip from car to house (minus Costco trips).  

Anyhow, the w-melon just ruins that whole game for me-- it's almost impossible!  I tried once and dropped the green melon of love and it split.  It happened in slow motion and for some reason afterwards, I was so glad that I don't have kids.  Do you think I'll play this one trip from car to house game if I had kids in tow?  Let's hope NOT!

Those glass containers I posted earlier are perfect for cutting up 1/2 a melon and putting it in containers so I (errr, WE- meaning you and me) can munch on it at home or bring it to work with me.

Seedless melons are on sale right now and in season across the nation for about $4.50 each, give or take a few cents.  


2 comments:

StephanieCS said...

1. You are so cute to include Watermelon on your blog.

2. "green melon of love" is conjuring images that I don't know how to explain.

3. As for carrying all grocery bags in at one time, here's an item that may make your list of favorite things. http://www.containerstore.com/browse/Product.jhtml?CATID=70185&PRODID=65004 there is another one sold at Bed Bath and Beyond. :)

NC said...

Thanks, Stephy! ha ha ha-- you know you want a green melon of LOVE! :) I've seen that thingy before, but it would be considered cheating. heee heee